A lesson I could create using technology could be a review game, resulting in extra credit for the test. Using MS Powerpoint, I would create a slide show that had questions/answers for useful information for a test. The class would be divided into groups and each group would write down their answer on a piece of paper and turn them in. The team with the most correct answers gets a few extra points on their test.
The main concern I would have in a technology based classroom would be that students would take advantage of the internet. I know when I was in grade school, if I had internet access I would usually use it for things other than what was assigned. For middle school aged kids, I believe a lab assistant would be especially helpful to watch over the students. Also internet website blockers are pretty important.
http://www.thekidzpage.com/learninggames/learningonline.htm
The kidz page is a great website for kids. It has online games for math/numbers, word games, and sudoku games. This website would be good for print out's or for homework.
Blog Journal #10 prompts
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment