Monday, October 5, 2009

Blog Journal #4

As a teacher, I would teach my students to use outlines and idea maps to help make their creativity/ideas more organized. MS word is a good program to help students create these outlines and idea maps. With bullets, paragraphs, graphics and tables it becomes easy to organize and combine ideas relating to the topic matter presented to the students.

I would definitely encourage the use of outlines and idea maps because they are so helpful in organizing lots of ideas and putting them all in one place. This will make students more aware of the importance of organizing thoughts and ideas, making the overall process less stressful and hectic.

Mail merge is a really great technique we learned that I didn't even know existed! It makes writing individual letters to students in the class so much easier! Had I never learned about this tool and had become a teacher, it would have taken SO MUCH time to individually write each letter.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that mail merge is a great technique to learned as a teacher and I as well did not know what is was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed mail merge also. It seemed difficult but I picked up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that students should learn how to use outlines. It makes everything easier.

    ReplyDelete